Hey, guess what? I’ve been nominated for a new award. I have no clue why, other than the fact that someone out there must be obsessed with my incoherent scribble that I write about. Maybe I have a stalker or two. Should I be flattered or scared? Either way, I am flattered and it is an honor to be recognized and nominated for the Liebster Award. From what I gather this award is given to those newer and creative blogs out there, the “up and comers”, that have been discovered along the way by fellow bloggers. Crazy right?
Now here are the pesky rules one must adhere to when accepting the Liebster:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Post eleven random facts about yourself.
3. You answer the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
4. You think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.
Damn, this is a lot of work!
Gotta thank my blogger friend, Kitt, for thinking of me. She is a pretty interesting gal considering she is a Cowboys fan (I kid!), funny, a bit wild, and a pretty damn good writer. Heck, her newest blog post is about sex toys! Yup, she is cool. Check her blog out. Again, it’s an honor to accept your nomination!
So…without further ado, here are 11 random facts about yours truly:
1. I took Spanish in high school and totally faked my way through it. Couldn’t speak it then and can’t now other than a bunch of random words and phrases. Hola!
3. The first time I got absolutely hammered drunk was off a bottle of Canadian whiskey I swiped from my parent’s liquor cabinet when I was a teen. Also poured a bottle of vodka into a carton of orange juice that night and drank it. No wonder I passed out in the bushes and woke up two days later. Parents not too happy. Holy hangover!
4. I broke my arm doing Evil Knieval stunts on a big wheel when I was a kid. Surprised my parents didn’t disown me!
6. My first car was a 1968 Ford Mustang. I have not owned a car since 1998 and do not miss it. NYC mass transit rules. Never have to worry about getting a DWI!
7. I don’t smoke cigarettes, but do enjoy an occasional good cigar with a nice bourbon. I feel like “The most interesting man in the world”!
8. I played rugby in college. Still don’t know all the rules or what the heck I was doing out there. It was fun, full of injuries, and there were great keggers after the match!
9. Back in high school I used to be an art major, and even attended a gifted & talented summer session that my art teacher chose me for. Now I can barely draw a stick figure!
10. I hardly ever watch reality shows but love “junk TV” like Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Cops, Storage Wars, Counting Cars, 1000 Ways To Die, Repo Games, etc. High brow all the way!
Kitt’s 11 Questions for me:
1. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why? I need to make more time to see my parents and be more patient with them. I just don’t make time to go to Florida enough where they retired to.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? I never really knew. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
3. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? A bird. Always wanted to be able to fly. That, and poop on people I don’t like.
4. What one movie can you watch over and over again and never get sick of? This is a twenty way tie! Among them – The Avengers, Iron Man, The Expendables 1 & 2, any 80′s action flicks with Stallone and Arnold, White Chicks, Madagascar (the penguins rock), Harold & Kumar go to White Castle, The Princess Bride, a dozen comedies, science fiction, and so many others.
5. What talent do you wish you had and why? I wish I was a brainaic mathematical genious. I would then hit up Vegas and Atlantic City and get rich!
6. If you had to pick one famous person of the same sex to have a man or girl crush on, who would it be and why? Robert Downey Jr. The guy is a rip, so cool, plus he is Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes! He is bad-ass.
7. When you think of historical figures, who do you most admire and why? Teddy Roosevelt. Another bad-ass. The guy was basically born a weakling that no one believed in and built himself up through sheer will, and became one of our greatest Presidents. His record of achievements and life experiences are the thing of Hollywood movies.
9. What was the coolest thing you have ever done for someone else? I save a man’s life once. A few years ago at Harrahs in Atlantic City an older man was choking to death and no one knew what to do. I ran over and applied the Heimlich and saved him. It was the kind of thing you see on tv and movies.
10. What are you most afraid of and why? Being alone, broke, and living on the streets. I see these people every day in NYC and it kills me inside. No one should live like that.
11. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment to date and why? Being engaged to the girl I took to my senior prom many years ago. We did not see each other for many years after that then bumped into her by chance. Been together ever since. Happily engaged and will never get married as there’s no need to. Heck, putting up with my craziness over all these years is enough for her!
11 Questions for my nominees:
1. What scares you the most?
2. If you could be any famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
3. If you could switch bodies with one of your friends who would it be and why?
4. If you could be any insect, what would you be and why?
5. What is your favorite movie of all time?
6. If you were allowed to only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
7. If you could go back in time what would you change or do?
8. If you had to pick one famous person of the same sex to have a man or girl crush on, who would it be and why?
9. Would you take a bullet for someone, and if yes, who would it be?
10. If you could be an athlete in the Olympics what sport would it be?
11. What celebrity do you despise the most and why?
And my 11 nominees are (in no particular order):
Monique - her blog offers some kick ass food porn and recipes that even I can make!
Kristy - her blog has so much bakery food porn I’m getting fat. She is also a makeup whore!
Angel - his blog is all about, well, everything NYC. Sometimes controversial and always interesting. He is also aspiring to be the next Vanilla Ice!
Rum Punch Drunk - this dude is a straight shooter and tells it like it is!
Lanthie – a slightly risqué blog about her life as a woman, a mother of 4 boys and a wife of 25 years!
Holly J – she writes a great fitness blog that covers everything from food, to fashion, trends, and exercise!
Cynthia – her blog is pretty awesome and covers everything to do with couples, dating, sex, food, fashion, and lifestyle!
Paul – his blog is intense and covers all kinds of subjects from past history to current events to pop culture!
Nina - she writes blog on her brutally honest, and funny, experiences of life!
Tracy – she writes a terrific blog totally covering NYC lifestyle and her experiences here!
MoviewriterNYU – he writes some of the most creative and “out there” posts I have seen!
Hope you all get a chance to check out these terrific blogs and give them a follow. Let’s see what kind of answers they will offer for my questions and random facts they will come up with about themselves. You all know my deep dark secrets now – well, not all of them! How brave will they be?