Well, well, well. Even though I have been blogging for only a short time overall I never expected to receive a blog award at this point. I guess there are a few peeps out there who enjoy my scribble, demented observations, and overall ranting about life! Another fellow blogger (thank you very much Nina) nomimated me for the Versatile Blogger award. I guess that means my mind is a jumble of a mess, and I write about anything that comes into it. That, and being a part-time professional drinker/drunk does help keep the creative juices flowing. Her blog, ‘Nothing – Denoting the absence of something’, can be found at this link – http://iknowyouhere.blogspot.com/ It’s a great new blog started a few months ago and she lets rip on a variety of subjects and writing styles. Sometimes I think she is more demented then myself, especially the post with the Alice in Wonderland video in it (I still think it’s a a hallucinogenic drug trip!). She also has a another cool blog with some terrific pictures on it that I think she takes with her Blackberry phone! Check it out at –http://clicksclicksandclicks.blogspot.com.au/ Again, thanks Nina! It’s an honor.
Now, of course this comes with a set of pesky rules I must follow. Oh, the price of fame!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
- Add The Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
- Nominate 8 fellow bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
- Share 8 random facts about you.
So here are 8 random facts about me
1. I hate liver. (Not my own, mine hates me already) The kind that stinks while cooking.
2. I can drink a pot of coffee at midnight and still fall asleep. Maybe I drink too much of it?
3. I have never had a headache in my life. Nope, not one. Nada. Zilch. Zippo.
4. I used to work in the “adult entertainment” industry. No, not porn.
5. I am a closet klutz. I constantly walk into things when no one is looking. I have walked through a plate glass door and survived to talk about it.
6. I can’t ski, ice skate, or roller skate, but I am an adernaline junkie and will go on any crazy ride. The faster and with more loops the better.
7. I drink way too much beer. I also love rum raisin ice cream. Coincidence?
8. I never expected to receive an award for blogging. I still don’t even know what the heck I’m doing here.
8 bloggers I feel who deserve this award too? Check out these awesome folks – (in no particular order)
1. Kristy Rody – Baking, Photography, and Sarcasm: http://quinngoldie.wordpress.com/ – Kristy is a ridiculously talented baker. She has become the reason I can’t stick to a diet. She is evil.
2. Bonnie Franks – A Little Unhinged: http://www.alittleunhinged.com/ – Bonnie is a tremendous help to anyone starting out a blog and offers terrific advice on the tekkie part of it, social neworking, design, marketing, etc. She knows her stuff.
3. Susie Lindau – Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride: http://susielindau.com/ – Susie is a wild lady. An adventurous type. She just did the “polar bear plunge” recently. Enuff said.
4. Jill Pinnella Corso – Back Home Blog: http://backhomeblog.com/ – Jill is trapped in the suburbs of Long Island and is planning her escape.
5. Lauren Salkin – Think Spin: http://www.thinkspin.com/ – Lauren has a sharp tongue and biting wit with her views on life, culture and politics.
6. Susana King – Susana the Deaf Lady: http://deaf47.blogspot.com/ – Susana’s blog really offers some keen insight about what it’s like to be hearing impaired and navigate life as a deaf person.
7. Semi-Madman – Ramblings of a Semi-Madman: http://semi-madman.blogspot.com/ – The Madman has a blog that is a bit risque and is “guy’s guy” blog. He covers it all and if you like your blogs full of humour and sexy woman this is the “man-cave” of blogs.
8. The Guy – Flights & Frustration: http://flightsandfrustration.com/ – a great travel blog as The Guy lets you in on his adventures around the world and his thoughts on travel, airlines, hotels, etc.
Congrats to all my fellow bloggers/victims here!