Well, well, well. Even though I have been blogging for only a short time overall I never expected to receive a blog award at this point. I guess there are a few peeps out there who enjoy my scribble, demented observations, and overall ranting about life! Another fellow blogger (thank you very much Nina) nomimated me for the Versatile Blogger award. I guess that means my mind is a jumble of a mess, and I write about anything that comes into it. That, and being a part-time professional drinker/drunk does help keep the creative juices flowing. Her blog, ‘Nothing – Denoting the absence of something’, can be found at this link – http://iknowyouhere.blogspot.com/ It’s a great new blog started a few months ago and she lets rip on a variety of subjects and writing styles. Sometimes I think she is more demented then myself, especially the post with the Alice in Wonderland video in it (I still think it’s a a hallucinogenic drug trip!). She also has a another cool blog with some terrific pictures on it that I think she takes with her Blackberry phone! Check it out at –http://clicksclicksandclicks.blogspot.com.au/ Again, thanks Nina! It’s an honor.
Now, of course this comes with a set of pesky rules I must follow. Oh, the price of fame!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
- Add The Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
- Nominate 8 fellow bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
- Share 8 random facts about you.
So here are 8 random facts about me
1. I hate liver. (Not my own, mine hates me already) The kind that stinks while cooking.
2. I can drink a pot of coffee at midnight and still fall asleep. Maybe I drink too much of it?
3. I have never had a headache in my life. Nope, not one. Nada. Zilch. Zippo.
4. I used to work in the “adult entertainment” industry. No, not porn.
5. I am a closet klutz. I constantly walk into things when no one is looking. I have walked through a plate glass door and survived to talk about it.
6. I can’t ski, ice skate, or roller skate, but I am an adernaline junkie and will go on any crazy ride. The faster and with more loops the better.
7. I drink way too much beer. I also love rum raisin ice cream. Coincidence?
8. I never expected to receive an award for blogging. I still don’t even know what the heck I’m doing here.
8 bloggers I feel who deserve this award too? Check out these awesome folks – (in no particular order)
1. Kristy Rody – Baking, Photography, and Sarcasm: http://quinngoldie.wordpress.com/ – Kristy is a ridiculously talented baker. She has become the reason I can’t stick to a diet. She is evil.
2. Bonnie Franks – A Little Unhinged: http://www.alittleunhinged.com/ – Bonnie is a tremendous help to anyone starting out a blog and offers terrific advice on the tekkie part of it, social neworking, design, marketing, etc. She knows her stuff.
3. Susie Lindau – Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride: http://susielindau.com/ – Susie is a wild lady. An adventurous type. She just did the “polar bear plunge” recently. Enuff said.
4. Jill Pinnella Corso – Back Home Blog: http://backhomeblog.com/ – Jill is trapped in the suburbs of Long Island and is planning her escape.
5. Lauren Salkin – Think Spin: http://www.thinkspin.com/ – Lauren has a sharp tongue and biting wit with her views on life, culture and politics.
6. Susana King – Susana the Deaf Lady: http://deaf47.blogspot.com/ – Susana’s blog really offers some keen insight about what it’s like to be hearing impaired and navigate life as a deaf person.
7. Semi-Madman – Ramblings of a Semi-Madman: http://semi-madman.blogspot.com/ – The Madman has a blog that is a bit risque and is “guy’s guy” blog. He covers it all and if you like your blogs full of humour and sexy woman this is the “man-cave” of blogs.
8. The Guy – Flights & Frustration: http://flightsandfrustration.com/ – a great travel blog as The Guy lets you in on his adventures around the world and his thoughts on travel, airlines, hotels, etc.
Congrats to all my fellow bloggers/victims here!
54 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger Award”
Well congratulations! So you were a stripper? (Hey, it had to be asked…)
Well, I’ll never tell. 😉
And don’t even ask to see the pictures!
I’ll be sure to nominate you next time – ran out of spots!
Ha! Thanks…don’t feel obligated, though. I’m still trying to work through a bunch of awards leftover from last year. (Suddenly got inundated towards the end of the year)
You deserve them! You rock!
Wow, what a fantastic article and funny too! Thank you for nominating me. I didn’t know you walk into walls, lol. 🙂
No problem Susana!
I walk into everything – walls, glass doors, tables, anything that I can slam my toe on, etc.
Surprised I have not broken more bones! 🙂
Wow, that’s hilarious. I do that too, lol.
Klutzy for life!
Hey, where do I find your button and the code for it, to paste to my page? I’ve looked everywhere.
I put up the botton on the right side but I need to put up the code yet. Work in progress.
Hi Phil, congratulations! You deserve it!.. and it is 7 random facts, not 8 😛
And you have never had a headache?!!!? Its Illegal not to have never had a headache – you should be behind bars!!
I have to check out the other blogs..
Cheers & Thanks!
Thanks for the nomination! Glad you like my crazy blog! 🙂
I made it 8 because I needed an extra spot. I saw one guy in the past put 12 or 15 in! Guess you can make it fit to your needs.
Nope, never get headaches. Guess I am lucky that way.
Evil! LOL thanks for the nomination. I need to get cracking on this now!
But you are evil! 😉
You are evil, but I still love ya!
Man, you did yours fast!
Wow, many thanks for the nomination Phil, I feel extremely honoured appreciate the recognition.
You certainly deserve the nomination. You write exactly what many of us think but often don’t say. You are doing us all a great service by getting it out there and off our chests.
Many congratulations to all the nominees.
No problem! Glad I could be of service with my crazy thoughts and big mouth! I appreciate the love!
You have a great travel blog. Looking forward to seeing your award post.
Congratulations and well done. Still new to your blog and am really enjoying it!
Thanks so much! So glad you like my blog. I need to catch up on everyone’s over the weekend and do some reading.
Congrats, Phil! I love Rum and Raisin ice cream too. You may be one of five people I know who’ve ever tried it, lol.
Yes, rum raisin is awesome isn’t it? Especially if you can find it made with real rum. Now that’s a treat!
Oh em gee! Thanks Phil!!
Congrats on your award! I’d say “versatile” describes you pretty well.
Most importantly, you’ve never had a headache?! So jealous! Also nervous there might be something wrong with the pain receptors in your brain, but let’s roll with it.
Also, love your description of my blog. You summed it up better than I ever could.
Now get crackin’ on your award post!
Quick, before your dad comes by in his underwear and kills your creativity!
With great fame comes great responsibility.
Thanks for the love! Yeah, I blog about anything. I’m a bit nuts.
Never had a headache. Aches and pains in other parts but not there. Maybe being drunk all the time helps.
I just realized the blogs you read are really eclectic. I’d like to nominate you for the Versatile Blog Reader award.
LOL! I try to be diverse and see what others are saying out there. Lot’s of cool blogs to check out.
Congrats on your reward. You are being modest but you so deserve it. I look forward to opening my email everyday and getting something in my inbox. I don’t know NYC very well but I want to leave there just because of you!
Thanks so much Cynthia! If I get another you will be next on my list!
So glad you like reading my blog. I look forward to yours too. I need to catch up on some reading this weekend.
I appreciate the kind words.
#4 fact is interesting – tell me more…. It’s where I started off as well (not a porn star either!)
Oh, I should not divulge that Lanthie!
Let’s just say I had some good moves!
So, what is your secret?
Now that would be telling….. But seriously not that exciting so probably not worth mentioning here. Your moves are probably way more exciting.
My moves are a little rusty now. But I still have a few! 😉
So now I am really curious. Going to make it my mission to make you tell me about your moves.
I’ll never kiss and tell! 😉
Spoilsport! Conversation not over yet….. (No reply link after last comment?)
I am closing this thread for further replies! 🙂
Well howdy ho to this super Saturday! Congrats to you! I hope you are enjoying the weekend and getting to do some fun family activities! Be sure and put a note in your snood that TEEN WEEK starts Feb 1st on the Makeup University blog with MASSIVE giveaways and celebrity guest blog posts! See you soon!
Ciao ciao for now!
Thanks for the shout out! Have a great weekend!
I can’t believe you’ve never had a headache, especially with your love of beer and rum raisin ice cream.
Thanks for the shout out. I’m trying to get back in the swing of things after a mini vacation to Florida. The week before and after were grueling and totally obliterated the medicinal affects of the trip. Now, I know why this was my first vacation in three years.
Nope. no headaches. I am extremely lucky. Maybe it’s because of the booze? 🙂
Hope you at least enjoyed Florida.
Congrats on the award 🙂 And I agree with you about liver, I’m not a fan either!
I just can’t stand the smell of it when it’s cooking! Yuck!
I’m a little late in getting here, but GRATZ, Phil!
Never too late, thanks so much! 🙂
THANKS FOR THE AWARD! I will get something written up on my blog this week. You have a quality blog my friend. Keep up the good work. I will let you know when I get the award post up 🙂
No problem Matt!
I always appreciate your love. Just stop staring at me – no eye contact!
Looking forward to your post!
I nominated you back for the Versatile Award, but I can’t figure out how to get those links onto my blog. I was about to delete the whole page because of that, but for now, I’ll just leave it. Thought by now I knew how to add links correctly, I guess not. Check it out at http://deaf47.blogspot.com/p/the-versatile-award_26.html
Thanks so much for the nominatiopn and kind words! Being that I just recently received this award I’ll accept the nomination but hold off on writing another post for it and re-nomimating as I just did it last week. Hope you don’t mind. Thanks again!
You’re very welcome. And don’t forget you’re one of the funniest bloggers in town. I will make sure I don’t miss any of your posts. Keep up the great work!
Filbio…you are so kind!!! Thanks so much!
I apologize I haven’t been commenting on your posts. I’ve been out of town doing some training for work…This upcoming week…things should be back to normal for me and I promise I will visit more. 🙂
Thanks so much for adding me to this! I really appreciate it!
No problem! Work always comes first, so no need to apologize.
Congrats on the nomination – you deserve it!