Somehow every once in a while it seems that someone out there likes what I pen on this blog. I guess it depends on one’s reading taste – or lack of it! (I kid – don’t hate on me John!) Not too long ago I was nominated for the Sunshine Award. It’s an award given by bloggers to other bloggers who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”, or something to that gist. To think that I actually have that kind of influence is both rewarding and a bit laughingly twisted! Could you just imagine if I decided to try my hand at politics? Then again, there is no way in heck I would want the skeletons in my past exposed, so that is out of the question. It’s bad enough that I now have to expose some of myself here as part of this award acceptance. No, I am not putting up any nude pics of myself either so don’t get your hopes up. (I charge a fee for those.) No, this exposure is more of the personality quirks kind. I’m not sure anyone wants to know these things about me but since you’ve read this far you might as well stick around for the torment.
John Hartnett, the master of his blog The Monkey Bellhop has recognized The Regular Guy NYC with a Sunshine Award. I have no idea what he was thinking when he made this choice or how much he was drinking, but I do appreciate it. He nominated me a while back and I am just finally getting around to it. Sorry for the delay as I was very busy taking twerking lessons, learning how to power-crochet my own underwear, and building a human centipede in my closet. These things take time you know, and it’s not easy avoiding the authorities while at the same time penning a blog. I do have to say I am honored as it does mean something to have other bloggers recognize what you write as meaninful, if inspiring. John, you can also send the keys to the new sports car that comes with this award at any time. I’ll have my people call your people. Just don’t leave the country anytime soon. In the meantime check out his blog. He writes some witty stuff.
So, here is how this deal works: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Done, and thanks John!
Include the Badge of the Award in your post. Done. Ain’t it purty?
Now tell seven things about myself. Oy vey.
Then, select your 10 favorite
victims bloggers, or some you really want to annoy, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award! The love you receive back will be tremendous, or the deafening silence will tell you how pissed off they are at you. Here is a list of nine that I thought would be good to nominate. Yeah, I only chose nine. Shoot me. It’s late and I’m tired.
And away we go – 7 things about myself.
1. To this day I still love the smell of fresh new magic markers. I really think that I can get a contact high off of them. I hope my coworkers don’t catch on as to why my office door is closed so often, and why I order new boxes of them every few weeks.
2. I have never seen one episode of Breaking Bad, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, or Mad Men, and I really don’t care. Even though my friends rave about these shows I would still rather watch mindless “junk” tv where I don’t have to think too hard or commit to following a story each week. Wrestling, Bar Rescue, Catfish, Maury, Cops, Pawn Stars, Man vs Food, etc. Yeah, I know, I am a bad tv watcher. Sue me.
3. I think my toilet bowl is haunted. It makes some strange moaning noises whenever I sit on it. That, or maybe my butthole is possessed. It acts like a poltergeist at times as it seems to play tricks on me, move things around, and emits some funky odors at times. Weird.
4. I secretly love Times Square. No, not the annoying tourists or the Disneyland it has become, but all the lights, neon, glitz, and glamour. There is something just magical about walking through and observing all the brightness and signage lit up at night. Until I want to smack a tourist upside the head. Hey, where is my wallet?
5. I never want to own a house. Never. I would be happy living in a small apartment my whole life. Where everything is taken care of for me that might need to be fixed. Also, where everything is delivered. Where I don’t ever need to own a car. Yes, I am spoiled living in NYC. Spoiled, broke, but happy.
6. I am a closet geek. I love sci-fi and monster movies. I wish Star Trek was real, or that it would really happen in my lifetime. I want to be beamed up dammit! Also, who wouldn’t want to battle zombies and not get arrested for hacking someone’s head off?
7. Even though I live in Manhattan, I still occasionally order pizza from Dominoes, pick up burritos from Taco Bell, and even grab lunch at Subway. Yes, we have great food here but I am still lowbrow enough to enjoy a cheap sloppy fast food meal now and then. Who hasn’t feasted on Taco Bell or a .99 cent slice of pizza late at night after bar hopping? Mmmmm……drunk pizza.
Bonus tidbit #8 – I want to eat breakfast at every Cracker Barrel in the country!
Now for the Sunshine Award
victims nominees –
1. Lanthie Ransom’s Life Cherries blog is about woman rediscovering herself and she can be a bit risque at times too.
2. Toby writes a blog Dumbass News and offers plenty of dumbass insights and laughs. Plenty of dumbass people out there.
3. Susana has a blog of her true life experiences as a deaf person – Susana the Deaf Lady. Did not know the things someone deaf goes through until I read her posts.
4. Paul, or UP as he is called, pens Redneck Latte Ravings, and writes about a bit of everything. His musings are very interesting and he mixes in a bit of a history lessons too in his posts. Plus, he loves Waffle House.
5. Susie has just beaten breast cancer and her blog Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride featured blog posts of her recent experiences with it. She writes about plenty of good stuff and worth following. Funny lady too.
6. Kitt has a blog called The Inner Wildcat and it’s just as expected. She writes about some raunchy and sexy stuff, along with some cool personal topics.
7. Jenn Hanson’s blog, More Cowbell, is at times crazy, racy, and sassy. Plus, she is a pretty funny lady too.
8. Matt always digs up some inspiring stuff on Ramblings of a Semi-Mad Man along with some funny and sexy pictures. Definitely a man cave type of blog.
9. Gloria Richard’s Snark E. Pen blog is a trip. She writes about all things such as poop, fantasy, other bloggers, books, you name it. I thinks she drinks while sending me comments.
There you have it. The nominess have no obligation to respond or follow up with blog posts of their nominations. Even if it’s bad karma and a kitten will be killed for each one that ignores this. Not kidding, I bought a bag of kittens and a sledgehammer. Get writing! Now!
Hey, thanks again for the recognition and the opportunity to recognize some terrific writers out there!