I’m a people watcher. I just can’t help myself. When you live in a city populated with around 19,000,000 people there are just so many things they can do that can go hysterically wrong on a daily basis. Hey, I’m not perfect and can be a klutz at times myself. Yet, being the New Yorker that I am, there are moments when I can’t help but snicker at these hapless victims. It is just so evilly delicious when you come upon moments like these that leave an indelible image in your brain for the day. Yeah, I know it’s kind of mean, but I am wired to be a bit warped that way!
Some of my viewing guilty pleasures –
1) Guys in suits picking up piles of dog crap with their hand in a plastic bag. I even snicker more when it’s a hot sticky summer day out!
2) Women who’s ankles look like they are snapping in half because they are walking in super high heels and don’t really know how to walk in them. Snap, crackle, pop!
3) Watching some jerk run through the crowd and cut ahead of people to make the subway train that is about to pull out and the door shuts in his face. The conductor ignores him. Sucker!
4) Seeing a really big guy walking a small little yippy dog that belongs in a pocketbook.
5) Watching the person who spills a whole cup of coffee on themselves because they forgot to put the lid on tight running out of Starbucks.
6) Seeing people getting soaked in the rain because they refuse to carry an umbrella. Nice expensive suit bro! You now smell like wet dog all day!
7) Watching a person leave a store and walk into an entrance door because one side is locked. (Usually that is me also smacking my noggin against the glass!)
8) Viewing a person ahead of me trip on a crack in the sidewalk and then look around to see if anybody saw. I smile and wave hello!
9) Seeing people step in poop on the sidewalk while heading to the subway. Yuck. Avoid those sidewalk land mines!
10) Observing the guy/lady leaning against the pole/railing and ignoring the “wet paint” sign. Oooh – nice new dress pattern!
11) Seeing a douche leaving his expensive sportscar in a no-parking zone and getting a ticket before he can run back out of the store/Starbucks. Enjoy that $100 cup of coffee!
12) Watching the person ahead of me swiping their Metro Card and running through the turnstile only to be cut in half by the bar as the card did not register. Ouch! That’s gonna leave a mark!
Really – this city slays me!
What do you see out there daily that people do to make you laugh?